Some advices you must consider after a surgery
- Remember to confirm the flight dates and times, and also hotel reservations if needed.
- Remember not to use garment (if needed) during the flight.
- During your flight, walk 10 minutes every hour. You can walk in the plain passage or at the end of it.
- Flex and extend your ankles and knees periodically throughout the trip; avoid crossing your legs and change often your position while seated.
- Drink frequently to avoid dehydration.
- Travel with comfortable, soft and unadjusted clothes. Avoid belts, jeans, synthetic fabrics.
- Avoid agents that favor the immobilization (sedatives, hypnotics, alcohol).
- Stop taking alcohol and cigarette at least 2 weeks before the surgery. Remember these can increase the risk of blood clots and and delay the healing process.
- In the days following your arrival in the country remember to watch for excessive swelling or pain in the lower limbs.
- Note that you must ask for a travel permission in the Dr. office (sometimes they ask for it in the airport)
- Walk 20 to 30 minutes a day at least two weeks before the surgery.
- The long hours a person spent sitting in planes without frequent movement in lower extremities, the dehydration produced by the journey and risk factors such as hypertension, can produce Deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Remember that Dr. Nora Beatriz Sánchez is located in Imbanaco Medical Center (Address: Carrera 38 # 5 - 100, Tower A, 904 office)
Address: Carrera 38A # 5A - 100 Office 605 - Tower A
Telephones: (57 2) 558 43 22 / (57 2) 682 10 00 Ext. 11904
Cellphone: (57) 3183599257
Cali - Colombia